- Tooling costs for high-precision die casting are among the highest of any high-volume production process.
- Die casting dies are subjected to very severe operating conditions in normal service.
- Injection of molten metal and the subsequent rapid cooling cause deterioration and ultimately failure of die steel.
- Die steel erosion is called die wash.
- Loss of sharp definition of the more intricate details, deterioration of surface quality, and thickening of some sections.
- Tooling costs can be minimized to some extent in the design.
Die Casting Process Costs
- Die casting process costs consists of labor and equipment.
- Machine cycle time controlled to lesser extent by factors that can be addressed in the design of the product.
- Massive features take longer to solidify.
- Die casting machine opening/closing events require additional time with more complex moving parts.
//php Starkers_Utilities::get_template_parts( array( 'parts/shared/sidebar' ) ); ?>
//php Starkers_Utilities::get_template_parts( array( 'parts/shared/slidebox' ) ); ?>